Where can I buy a spring loaded latch?

Our hatch/door into the loft is simply a board that sits its on a ridge, consequently a strong gust of wind with the front door open sends it flying into the loft space!
I want to make a proper job of it and make the hatch/door hinge down using a spring-loaded latch I once saw on someone's loft door it was simply a sliding bar spring-loaded with a large(ish) ring, as opposed to a knob, so you could put a hook into it and pull (rather like the old school windows (well, in my day anyway!)
Does anyone know where I can buy such an item?
--
Ron O\'Brien

I have one like this fitted. The hatch hinges downward and you push it up slightly to release the latch. Pushing it shut relocks it. had it for years with no problems. http://tinyurl.com/cyw23g
--
Keith W
Sunbury on Thames

Think this may be what you describe, a Fanlight Catch. http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hardware/Catches/Fanlight+Catch/d170/sd2310/p61031

I was thinking of one of those [*] but they're intended for inward opening and the o/p's hatch is effectively outward opening. I wonder if the door or the catch could be adapted?
[*] Couldn't find one though, well spotted and bookmarked.
--
fred

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hardware/Catches/Fanlight+Catch/d170/sd2310/p61031
Aha! That's exactly what I was looking for, none of our DIY super stores had anything like it. However, KeithW's idea of the push shut/push open type latch seems an even better solution, I'd not thought of anything like that.
Thanks guys, a mine of information as usual!
Ron

I recently added a fanlight catch to the loft door because wind occasionally pushed the door sufficiently for the normal latch to operate.
Peter