Removing interior door - spring loaded

Need to remove an interior door but I see that the hinge has got some sort of spring loaded chain between the middle hinge and the door.

I've heard I may need a special tool to remove this?

Or can I just unscrew the hinges?

Reply to
paulfoel

spring loaded chain between the middle hinge and the door.

Since found out - I think its the chain type perkomatic.

Reply to
paulfoel

paulfoel wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Put a stiff wire / nail or drill through the links of th echain to prevent it retracting. Make sure it is strong enough.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

Thanks.

Reply to
paulfoel

ort of spring loaded chain between the middle hinge and the door.

Mole grip

Jonathan

Reply to
Jonathan

spring loaded chain between the middle hinge and the door.

open door wide. clamp chain with mole grip, unscrew plate attached to chain. release mole grip, don't bother with reassembly.

Reply to
djc

And mind your fingers!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

see that the hinge has got some sort of spring loaded chain between the mi= ddle hinge and the door.

Open the door wide slip 1 1/2" nail in as close to the door as possible and then you can refit the thing with little problem.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer