Removing interior door - spring loaded

Need to remove an interior door but I see that the hinge has got some sort of spring loaded chain between the middle hinge and the door.
I've heard I may need a special tool to remove this?
Or can I just unscrew the hinges?
On Tuesday, October 16, 2012 10:47:41 AM UTC+1, paulfoel wrote:

Since found out - I think its the chain type perkomatic.

Put a stiff wire / nail or drill through the links of th echain to prevent it retracting. Make sure it is strong enough.

Thanks.
On 16/10/2012 12:41, paulfoel wrote:

And mind your fingers!

Mole grip
Jonathan
On 16/10/12 10:47, paulfoel wrote:

open door wide. clamp chain with mole grip, unscrew plate attached to chain. release mole grip, don't bother with reassembly.
--
djc

Open the door wide slip 1 1/2" nail in as close to the door as possible and then you can refit the thing with little problem.