What order to paper/paint a room

Hi,
Question for you all...I'm decorating a room and need to do the following
1) paint ceiling 2) put lining paper on walls 3) paint walls
Is is best to line walls then paint ceiling then walls, OR paint the ceiling before lining and painting the walls?
--
Regards,

Simon Mc

I was about to ask the same question but with a little extra
what would the order be where there is a picture rail?
Mark

2) paint picture rails, skirting boards, doors . If paint from rails, doors and skirting boards gets on walls, wipe of excess, its being papered over 3) paper walls

Hi
what about the border between the picture rail and ceiling?
I was thinking 1. paint ceiling 2. paint rail,skirting,door 3. paint border 4. paint walls
Mark

covered up as you go down.
When you've finished, close window if dry, turn light off, clean all tools , put all decorating apparatus in its correct storage place. Job done.
Simon Mc wrote:

Start at the top and work down.
Order I would do it 1) Ceiling 2) Gloss work i.e. skirting boards, dado rails, windows 3) Paper walls then paint them. 4) Flooring (not applicable in this case).
--
This post contains no hidden meanings, no implications and certainly no
hidden agendas so it should be taken at face value. The wrong words