using sealant

Hi,
How to you get a perfect run of sealant when using a sealant gun? I know it sounds daft but I struggle to get a good run when I use my sealant gun. I wet my finger afterwards and run it over the sealant but it still looks like an amaturish job. I know I could use masking tape but when I peel the tape off afterwards I'll have 2 rough edges standing proud. I had a tiler some years back tile my kitchen and somehow his runs were perfect.
Thanks.
"Conna" wrote:

You might get a better bead if you push the sealant gun forwards away from you, instead of pulling it backwards towards you. I find that a wet cling-film covered finger gives a much smoother finish than using a wet finger.
DIY wrote:

We bought this http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?cId 36074&tsu203&id(167 It really is as good as it says.
Thanks for that guys.