uPVC? PVCu?

My head is starting to hurt. We just got the latest Kleeneze catalogue through the letterbox and there is an advert for uPVC restorer and PVCu cleaner. Buy both together and save a pound. What on earth is the difference, I've only ever heard of uPVC, what is the other one?
--
Keith W
Sunbury on Thames
On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 19:02:56 -0000, Keith W wrote:

It's blurb: 'unplasticised' is a verbal adjective and so, in the English language, is before the noun; I'd guess that 'PVCu' is just to avoid confusing thetruth with facts.
--
Peter.
You don\'t understand Newton\'s Third Law of Motion?
Keith W wrote:

Keith,
Both mean *exactly* the same.
There was a so called 'name change' in the mid 1990's simply so that everybody - including those on the continent spoke the same language - at least that was the reason given to a group of us dealing with the paperwork for the 'plastic' stuff then!
Whether true or false, I called it UPVc then, and still do now (except when dealing with the pedantic in the trade [more so in the younger members and very rare in us old timers]).
Cash

Thanks Cash, I kind'a guessed that would be the answer. It was both being side by side in the same advert that made me doubt.
--
Keith W
Sunbury on Thames

What, like when those young whippersnappers insist on talking in mm whilst you still measure in inches :-)
Mike

You mean they're different? No wonder that bloody shelf didn't fit.
--
Keith W
Sunbury on Thames

Trained by NASA by any chance:-)
Mike

Thanks ... that comment cheered me up today and believe me I need cheering up along with the rest of the country !
Ash
Keith W wrote:

ROTFL
Cash