Just got my Bosch 1590EVSK Jigsaw

Oh my, this is truly a pleasure to hold, and even more to use! Spent an hour playing with it today trying out the different settings and an assortment of blades. It's like cutting butter!

Well, not really, but it sure it a great tool!

I need wood! More wood! Must cut!

Jack

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Jack, Just got mine along with some of those new fangled blades ( at least new to me) a week or two ago. Used it for cutting metal. Cuts like butter, very smooth.

One thing I noticed was the table / pad moving along the longer axis. Was the last cut and a quick look around the tool, showed me no simply way to tighten it. Guess it might be time to get the manual out next time around.

I love the new blade attachment. Makes for quick work. I did buy a good supply of the Bosch blades with it. I tend to overbuy on the consumables, due to the distance issue here. I can tell you they are not giving them away that is for sure. They seem to be of very high quality. Even the fine (15tpi I think) metal blades, they went through 1/8 steel about as fast as I would want to go.

Chris

Reply to
Chris

I agree completely! What a tool. I think the purchase of a 1590 (and the subsequent tossing of the old B&D or whatever) must be some significant milestone in every woodworker's journey...

Reply to
Andy

You might as well get out your wallet and buy some of the anti-splinter inserts, too. They only place I've found that has them listed in their catalogue is

These inserts are about 5x the price of the ones for their smaller jigsaw. They do a nice job when used with the Bosch "clean for wood" series of blades.

Bob

Reply to
BillyBob

Can't find those on Coastal Tool's website. All that comes up in the search is anti-splinter blades. You got a link?

Jack

BillyBob wrote:

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Yep ... that's the EXACT model I had before .. a POS. How did you know? LOL

I haven't tried it on metals or plastics yet. Just wood. Got any recommendations on using it for non-wood products?

Jack

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Reply to
mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.ne

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote in message news:vsOdnXE0lupX14 snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

FACE PROTECTION on any thing not wood. Lots of things flying around.

Reply to
Chris

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net"

Reply to