Type of hex key

I have a grub screw with a hole in the head for a key - not an allen key but a hexagon key with the flat sides not flat but gulleyed in slightly. Thus the hole is more like a star than a hexagon. Does anyone know the name of this screw head/key? It's not a torx, but very similar.
Rob Graham
Rob Graham wrote:

ZXN perhaps?
Bob

Torx
--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Torx
http://myword.info/definition.php?id=t_drive_1-a
You can pick up Torx screwdrivers cheap on ebay:
http://tinyurl.com/6y3xzkg
On 20/01/2011 17:22, Rob Graham wrote:

No, as I said in my post, it's not torx. But similar. Torx won't fit.

Have a look at this and see if your grub screw is there:
http://tinyurl.com/5vc7hrt
that's a handy diagram
On 20/01/2011 22:30, Trigger wrote:

Ah, right! So it IS a torx but with a bit sticking up to stop normal torx keys from going into it. (Top row, third from left). Tamperproof.
Can't see why they make them tamperproof and then provide keys to fit! Any fixture is tamperproof if you haven't got a suitable key!
Good chart that, Trigger. Thanks
Rob
Rob Graham wrote:

Rob,
Keep an eye open on the Aldi.co.uk website, they occasionally do a neat little set that sorts some of the common anti-tamper stuff out - including the anti-tamper Torx screws that you are having problems with.
Cash

Phew! So we got there in the end and nobody fell out with each other.
On 21/01/2011 14:58, Rob Graham wrote:

That link doesn't work for me, but I think what you have is called security torx. I have a set, and very useful they are too.
On 02/04/2013 20:34, Farmer Giles wrote:

Sorry didn't see the date - <blushes>
Trigger wrote:

Thanks for the link Trigger, downloaded and printed off and stored - had a problem with a Tri-Wing a few months on a hairdryer repair and ended up grinding the tip of a triangular saw file to fit which resolved the problem.
I then change the screws to Phillips one on reassembly to make any future repairs easier.
Cash
On 21/01/2011 15:29, Cash wrote:

I found I had actually got the right bits for these tamperproof torx but they fit a hex driver, as is normal. But the shank of the driver is too big to go into the little deep holes that some of the screws are in. Si I cut a slot in the bum end of the bit and used a slim screwdriver!

Pozi drive?