toilet seats

I have bought about 3 mahogany wood toilet seats from the likes of wilkinson, argos and asda. They last about a year or so then fall to pieces. I only pay about 7 to 10 pounds for them, but I am wondering if I can buy a better quality one which lasts longer. Has anyone else had this problem

Reply to
barry makepeace

I bought a couple of solid beach ones from Homebase around 5 years ago, and they're both still fine, looking like brand new. Particularly liked the stainless steel hinge fittings which haven't corroded at all or come loose. I think they were around the £20-£25 mark, but that's a very hazy recollection.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

I've had a coule of Roper Rhodes wooden seats but they don't seem to last either even though they are expensive. I have had probs with the hinges coming loose and underside of seat turning yellow presumably with the acis vapour effect. Still it is a hazardous environment isn't it! I might look in Homebase now.

Reply to
AJH

I've had a coule of Roper Rhodes wooden seats but they don't seem to last either even though they are expensive. I have had probs with the hinges coming loose and underside of seat turning yellow presumably with the acis vapour effect. Still it is a hazardous environment isn't it! I might look in Homebase now.

Reply to
barry makepeace

adjust the location

to wobble about

I looked in b&q and

I had a wooden toilet seat that developed woodworm once. It was some sort of wood boring beetle anyway, made one hole near the front, and every day a small pile of sawdust until I nuked the bugger.

Reply to
Dave Gordon