toilet seats

I have bought about 3 mahogany wood toilet seats from the likes of wilkinson, argos and asda. They last about a year or so then fall to pieces. I only pay about 7 to 10 pounds for them, but I am wondering if I can buy a better quality one which lasts longer. Has anyone else had this problem
Add pictures here
✖

I bought a couple of solid beach ones from Homebase around 5 years ago, and they're both still fine, looking like brand new. Particularly liked the stainless steel hinge fittings which haven't corroded at all or come loose. I think they were around the £20-£25 mark, but that's a very hazy recollection.
--
Andrew Gabriel
✖
On 19 Oct, 21:40, snipped-for-privacy@cucumber.demon.co.uk (Andrew Gabriel) wrote:

I've had a coule of Roper Rhodes wooden seats but they don't seem to last either even though they are expensive. I have had probs with the hinges coming loose and underside of seat turning yellow presumably with the acis vapour effect. Still it is a hazardous environment isn't it! I might look in Homebase now.
Add pictures here
✖
thats the trouble I am having ajh, The ones I have bought have small screws to adjust the location of the rods through pan. They seem to corrode and come loose causing the seat to wobble about causing trouble with other parts.The plastic wing nuts are only poor as well. I looked in b&q and the more expensive ones seem to have stronger fittings.
writes:

I've had a coule of Roper Rhodes wooden seats but they don't seem to last either even though they are expensive. I have had probs with the hinges coming loose and underside of seat turning yellow presumably with the acis vapour effect. Still it is a hazardous environment isn't it! I might look in Homebase now.
Add pictures here
✖
writes:

I had a wooden toilet seat that developed woodworm once. It was some sort of wood boring beetle anyway, made one hole near the front, and every day a small pile of sawdust until I nuked the bugger.
Add pictures here
✖