Detatchablle toilet seats

I have two 1975 toilet seats which are detachable. THe axle is received by a long cavit which is linear but c-shapes in cross section. I believe it was from Sears. I am troubled that those on the market now seem to use sprockets, like clothing snaps. I kinda feel they will break after a few removals. ANy experience? Of course, they don't exactly let me take them apart to study them at Home Deopt.

Reply to
vjp2.at

I took a quick look on YouTube. This one came up. You slide a couple pins to release the seat. Another one had 1/4 turn knobs to release the seats. The sliding pin version:

Dean Hoffman

If you want quality, don't head to Home Depot.

No idea what a cavit is, and I had no idea why anyone would want a detachable seat. Still don't know about a cavit, but detachable is for easier cleaning.

Reply to
Dan Espen

add a trailing 'y' character.

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Perhaps he keeps wine chilled in the toilet tank

Is Cavit good wine? Cavit has consistently championed this varietal in the U.S., earning its well-deserved title of America's #1 Italian Pinot Grigio*. Additionally, Cavit produces a full range of high-quality, approachable and food-friendly wines including Pinot Noir, Prosecco, Chardonnay, Moscato, Rose, and Red Blend.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Something like these?

Dean Hoffman

Cavity occurred to me but it didn't seem to fit... A long linear cavity that is c-shaped. I guess so.

Reply to
Dan Espen

If it's like mine, "a long linear cavity that is c-shaped" is not a bad description. Both the slip-on attachment points and the back of the seat and lid between the 2 attachment points are c-shaped.

Mounting bar:

Seat:

Lid:

Installed:

My seat is at least 20 years old and gets used multiple uses on a daily basis. It is still in like new condition. There is basically nothing to break, rust or fail.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson

My seat is 76 years old and still soft and smooth. Used every day too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

They might not want you take them apart at the store, but everything is returnable. Take them home, play with them, if you don't trust them, return them.

Assuming yours are plastic, they sound exactly like mine, except that mine were purchased sometime in the late 80's. I don't recall where I bought them, but I really like them. They make cleaning the toilet much easier and the seat and lid can be washed in a utility sink.

Reply to
Marilyn Manson