Sliding Doors

No not the movie, I'm just wondeirng if anyones had any experience purchasing a fitted wardrobe with sliding doors online.
Also I have a cupboard which I want to remove the door and use it as a office however when not in use i would like some kind of roller shutter preferably in wood any ideas? Thanks Olly
Olly wrote:

I recently purchased some made to measure sliding wardrobe doors from Deane Wardrobes. They were to replace some cupboard doors.
www.deanedirect.co.uk/
Not bad but not very good value for the money. Also broke one (mirror door) on delivery and still waiting for replacement.
Personally I would look elsewhere if I were looking again.
Olly wrote:

Get planning permission and convert it to an apartment/flat. Sell it.
I use 'gears/tracks' I buy from ScrewFix, for mine, I'm a wheelchair user and specifically make units no more than 140cm high, for a living for other disabled consumers. I've included a link to stuff using a simple 'sliding doors' query. Here's the link:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/searchresults.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&howMany=5&searchText=sliding+door&x=13&y=13
apologies about the length of the URL, almost as long as the 140cm wardrobes I make!! ;-)
Regarding the roller shutter, Norm Abram made a simple one for a desk he built.
He 'rounded the edges' (by routering) of some (10-20mm wide x 18mm thick x length required) lengths of timber (must be rounded so as not to snag on the timber above and below when glued to canvas).
Cut to the size of the opening with overlap (8-15mm, both ends??). Rebated the desk front to 20mm (2mm over chosen thickness), makes a rebated inset for it's tracking, then simply glued his timber to a 'curtain' of canvas and seperated each of the individual struts of timber along the length of the canvas when dried, to create a flexible curtain like effect. He simply then fed it into routered rebate on desk front, before placing a cap atop to stop it from coming out the top end. I'm sure I could have explained this better, but, it's 2.15am! :-)
Best of luck with your projects. John -- Remove 'spamfree' and replace 'at' to reply

specifically make units no more than 140cm high, for a living for other disabled consumers. I've included a link to stuff using a simple 'sliding doors' query. Here's the link:

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/searchresults.jsp?_dyncharset=UTF-8&howMany=5&searchText=sliding+door&x &y

It can be trimmed to
www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/searchresults.jsp?searchText=sliding+door
or redirected thus: http://tinyurl.com/gntff

I've got a set of doors and rails etc for sale at the moment. If you're interested you can email me at snipped-for-privacy@sneakemail.com
Mark

http://www.swindonweb.com/superglide /
I bought some sliding mirror doors recently from this place, and the interior (shelf unit and hangers) to convert an alcove into a cupboard. Very pleased with the price, the quality, and the service from them (him, ie it's a 2 man operation (father and son)) ben