safe bathroom lock

Hi
i am looking for the type of lock used in hospital bathrooms where the user can have privacy but if required can be open using a simple key. i know i could fit a yale lock but that is ugly on the inside of a bathroom. does anyone know what they are called. (assuming i have described what i am looking for in enough detail).
Mark
Mark D. Smith wrote:

Round here we just whistle.. However, if you go to www.screwfix.com and search for "bathroom catch" - you will find loads of them. They can all be opened from the outside, in an emergency.
--
Sue

A bathroom turn i think they are called would be fine for the job.Turns to lock it from inside and in an emergency there is a small notch on the outside that you can use a flat head screwdriver or a penny to open it easily.
http://www.charles-mason.co.uk/1359ss.jpg
Jon

Hi Jon
that's pretty much what i am looking for.
Mark

Hi Mark,
You can pick them up anywhere pretty cheaply and in all colours and finishes.Very easy to install too as they are independent of whatever lever you might be using.B&Q and homebase always have loads in stock.
Jon

Only downside is it allows your small nephew to unlock the door while you are in the bath and attack you with a water pistol.
Periproct wrote:

Let me think about this - I am (already wet) in a bath with *gallons* of water and he (dry) has a water pistol. Yep, that seems a fair match..
I am assuming a very young nephew...;)
Not that I need worry anyway - mens ability, or lack of it, to aim in a bathroom is pretty legendary.
--
Sue

I resemble that remark! which is why i refuse to have a WC in the bathroom ;-)
Mark

Mums 72 and not very good at whistling
thanks for the link & name
Mark