No heating from combi boiler

Hi,
My combi boiler has just started playing up. I've got hot water - very hot - but no central heating. The 'demand' light isn't coming on and nothing happens when the clock clicks in. It won't work if it's on continually either.
Any help or ideas would be very welcome.
Cheers,
Stu.
Hi Stuart,

Dont know a lot about combis but my oil fired boiler system had a similar problem a few weeks ago and it turned out to be a knackered motorised valve
Clive in Kent
have you a room thermostat? you need to check the boiler is getting a supply from any external controls on the central heating side