Moben Kitchens

Hi,

Not sure if I have the right NG, but here goes.

I am going to have a new kitchen. The last one was installed by myself and a right pain it was too, so this time I want it fitted for me. I like the look of the Moben kit and I wanted to know how this company stands in the quality and reliability stakes.

Any suggestions.

Thanks

John D

Reply to
John DH

I worked for them once.......................................................

Reply to
kitchenman

And are they as bad as we hear...........................................?????????????????

Reply to
John

To be avoided then?

Any reccomendations?

John DH

Reply to
John DH

recommendations?

not from me sorry - I am in Australia and think most kitchens are total rip-offs. I have fitted three in my time and all were pulled out of other people's houses. The dearest cost me under $5000 with appliances, and I am talking about solid timber benchtops, American Colonial Porcelain knobs, Pilasters on the cabinet fronts, a 3 1/2 bowl sink with exposed breach taps and real 18th century French provincial tiles for the splashback and a stainless range.

We have a paper over here called The Trading Post, which comes out each Thursday. Each week it would have at least 50 kitchens of varying age and condition, ranging from free to around $5000. It is great if you know how to modify things or have an extension that you can incorporate the kitchen into.

Maybe you have something similar

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

Reply to
kitchenman

Please excuse me jumping in on this but have you any recommendations for OX29 area ?

Norm

Reply to
Norman

Reply to
kitchenman

Thanks anyway, it was worth a try.

Reply to
Norman

Moben Kitchens are connected to Dolphin bathrooms who are a complete shower of chancers. Check out complaints throughout newsgroups by searching Google for details of their hard sell.

We got Dolphin out once - long story short - didn't offer him a cup of coffee (or even a seat) and he was still here for more than 2 hours leaving me with a price written on back of business card. Got local firm out and did two bathrooms cheaper than the price they quoted.

The scary thing is that they now do "special needs" bathrooms where customers are much more likely to be taken in by their crap!

Keep on hunting ....

Reply to
Lorenzo

In fact here are some complaint already - I only typed "Moben and Dolphin" in to Google for these!

Lorenzo

Thanks,

I have seen some mixed responces on one or two forums about moben.

I have a local guy that can do it for me, pricey but good, I saw an example of his work yesterday.

Cheers

Reply to
John DH

Always the best way, talk to satisfied customers.

When I worked for Moben/MKD I was told to say worked for them & was not a subbie too. As I said above, I worked for Moben once.....................

Reply to
kitchenman