Misted double glazed panel

Hi I've got a double glazed front door panel that has misted. many sites i've visited recommend replacing the panel, fine if it was plain glass but this panel has a decorative glass feature, is it not possible for the unit to be stripped of it's seal and a new seal fitted? Cheers
__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4820 (20100130) __________
http://www.eset.com
rivermersey wrote:

able to make you up a new unit with patterned glass.
Bob
rivermersey wrote:

I suggest you'd get a definitive by asking a glazing firm.
Rob Graham

There is a glazing company near me that offers to clear misted panels and reseal, at a cost saving over replacement. There must be many others that offer similar services.

The most common reason for seal unit failure is that the sealed unit is sitting in the frame in a puddle of water. So before you refit, make sure that water, which inevitably gets under the unit, drains away properly through the frame's drainage channels.
BTW, if the panel is over a certain (quite small) size and the glass isn't toughened, then a glazier will refuse to repair it if they know it's going into a door (or anywhere else where building regs no longer allow the use of plain glass).
--
Andrew Gabriel
On 30/01/2010 15:12, rivermersey wrote:

Oh! You just did.