Magnetic Contact Detectors

Hi All,
Just installing an alarm system and my doors open the opposite way to the instructions which means that the detector that goes on the frame needs to be fitted upside down. Is that ok? Not sure how these things work and whether it will affect detection. The instructions give alternative mountings but nothing that shows it upside down!!!
The alarm is a Response wireless, the instructions though refer to Freidland.
Any help appreciated.
Cheers. Bill.
Bill wrote:

They usually work with a reed switch in one half and a magnet in the other.
--
Sue

Yunno the common sense (and my lack of it) that you get on these newsgroups sometimes leaves me breathless ;-)
Thanks Sue, tried it and it works ok.
Cheers. Bill
Hope that didn't seem sarky! Appol's if it did, it wasn't not meant like that. Regards. Bill.
Bill wrote:

It never occurred to me to think of your post as being sarky :)
I sometimes put off doing a job for weeks because I *know* that there must be a simpler/cheaper/easier way of doing it that I have planned....
;)
--
Sue