Who sells 12v CO detectors ( for alarm systems)?

My CO detector reached its end of life and needs to be replaced. Its a Sentrol 240-COe 12v with NO/NC/c wiring for my alarm system.

Does any home center sell these or do I have to order online?

Reply to
Mikepier

Get the Nighthawk with digital readout and battery backup, at WalMart or HD. You may need to install an electrical outlet high on the wall. I use one in the utility room, kitchen and wall way. My smoke detectors are hard wired and work independently of the CO detectors.

Reply to
Phisherman

I understand I can buy a standalone unit, but the one I have now works off the 12V supplied by the alarm panel and plus it is linked to my alarm panel with the NO/NC contacts with a supervisory resistor.

Reply to
Mike rock

Try asking in comp.home.automation.

Reply to
Bob F

Try Macurco, but all the ones I've used have been 24V. they might have a 12V version though.

nate

Reply to
N8N

I'm not at work anymore, so I had a chance to DAGS and expand on my answer...

a) looks like Macurco has been bought by 3M

b) looks like the CM-15a will work on 12/24V AC or DC and includes a Form C alarm relay and a NC trouble relay (so if you are using a panel that has a supervised alarm circuit it can correctly report a trouble condition with the detector)

HTH

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

de quoted text -

Thanks for the input, but I might as well get the same CO sensor as before to cover the mounting holes and the hole where the wire comes through on my wallpapered wall.

Reply to
Mike rock

You might find what you are looking for at a Recreational Vehicle dealership as RV's are usually 12 volt systems.

Reply to
Worn Out Retread

RV dealers?

Reply to
sligoNoSPAMjoe

RV's are mainly 12 volt systems and they are usually equipped with CO and Propane detectors as well as smoke alarms. The last RV dealership that I was in had all kinds of CO detectors.

Reply to
Worn Out Retread