Hotpoint WMA35 washing machine - filter???

Hi guys
My wife put some car mats in the washing machine and I think it has buggered the washing machine. The machine will not empty and throw's dirty water out of the soap / softener dispenser. I am guessing some sort of filter is blocked????
Anyone any ideas? Where are the filters located?
"diy-newby" wrote:

No idea about this machine but you can download a user handbook from here: <http://www.theservicecentre.co.uk/macro/instruct.d2w/download?book=HBWMA34&size=0.6&model=WMA35
However, there is no mention in the handbook of a filter. Some machines don't have a filter in which case it is diy removal and cleaning of the pump or call out a service engineer. The blockage could be anywhere including the outlet hole from the drum, the drainage pipe that leads from the drum to the pump, the pump itself or the drainage hose that leads from the pump to the drain.

fibres or some other junk has blocked the vanes. The filter in my mates hotpoint (I think, I am asked to do a few minor washing machine repairs since they found out I repair my own) which I have sorted a few times is inside the outlet pipe just before the pump.