Washing machine filter?

I tried to remove the filter on my washing machine to get cat hairs out of it, as it's spitting them back onto the clothes, but undoing the small (2 inches across) cap behind the flap at the bottom reveals only a thin hole which looks similar to a hose attachment. Some kind of drain plug? Do all machines have removable filters any more?

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Our Bosch has that. Emergency drain.

It would help a lot if you told us make and model.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I guess I can insert a hoselock connector?

Servis M3022/M 1200rpm automatic.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

In message , Gefreiter Krueger writes

It is not recommended to wash your cats in the washing machine, now you know why.

Good luck................

Reply to
Bill

It wouldn't surprise me if I found one in there, they hide in the stupidest of places. That would explain the large quantity of fur. I thought it was just from the bedding and clothes they'd dropped hairs on over the last few months.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

I have now found the filter, thanks to an email from Mr Pounder.

The cap I was removing screws into a filter. It is removable with some tugging (it didn't look like it came out, all previous machines the filter was attached to the cap) but the filter is not a fine mesh, just a grid to stop big stuff going in the pump/drain. It's clear.

Maybe I should clean the door seal with a toothbrush Mr Pounder? ;-)

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Well my Panasonic has quite a big hole withe a long bit of plastic in it and a small motor driven impeller fan just inside. the gunge that comes out is amazing, though at times one has to spend some minutes pulling threads off the fan blades. What I can't understand is why don't they put these filters just under the drum instead of right at floor level so taking it out leaves a large puddle, there being not enough room to put anything under it to catch the run off. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

My machine is in the garage, so I just let the water run out.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Pikey.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Finally somebody has appreciated my input. All those years of being scorned on this group have come to an end.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Why have your washer in the house? Noise. Space.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

I have a bone to pick with you. I cleaned the seal with my toothbrush yesterday, and after cleaning my teeth this morning, I don't feel too good.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Plenty of room and the washer does not make a loud noise. Beats walking to the garage in the pissing down rain and dropping washing onto the ground.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I can run mine at night without me hearing it.

The North isn't THAT wet.

I have a basket you pikey.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger

Why use it at night?

What wet?

A water proof basket?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Because I happen to notice there's a load of washing to be done shortly before I go to bed.

Some people might do this to save electricity, but mine is cheap from 8pm.

"Pissing down rain".

The clothes are not bone dry out of the washer you fool.

Reply to
Gefreiter Krueger