Mesh Filters on Washing Machine Inlet Hoses.

The cold and hot feed appliance hoses on the washing machine that was here when I moved in don't have any filters in place, nor does a spare cheap hose I bought the other day. I've an idea that hoses on a Bosch machine of mine a decade or so did have silver-coloured knitted-wire mesh filters at each end of the hose.

Am I remembering this wrong or have the moved to having the filter at the inlet on the back of the machine now? Makes it a pain to clean since the kick-board has to be removed and the machine pulled out. Before, the first filter in line was easily accessible under the kitchen sink.

Thanks, Jack.

Reply to
J. Tailor

I guess there may not be one at all. The risk is that small pieces of crud can prevent the fill valve from fully closing off.

My little local hardware store sells these filters in the form of replacement 3/4" rubber washers for the hose connector.

When I had a washing machine on a multipoint water heater, it used to quickly fill with lumps of hard water scale, until eventually it didn't allow enough flow for the heater to fire up. The heater got replaced and the new one has internal teflon coating on the pipework, and it never scales up, and I never see any scale particles anymore. I suspect the scale remains in fine suspension.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel