Hotpoint First Edition DF52 Dishwasher inlet valve

Hi All,

My Hotpoint DF52 dishwasher has a known issue - the water inlet value stops working if (a) I interrupt water going in at a critical moment (I don't do this except very rarely)- happens during the water softener trick down phase or (b) at a later point in the cycle when the interior is hot from washing.

Its caused I think by the anti-flood mechanism getting into a panic. I frist noticed this if I plumbed the DW into the hot supply (to speed things up) - so after that it was put back to cold only.

It can the moved on its way in the wash cycle if either (a) its left turned off over night or (b) the inlet hose is disconnected relieving the pressure. Neither of these solutions is ideal to say the least.

I've had 2 of these models and both have been great - the first didn't have this problem - then I moved house and bought a new one, that has suffered from this on and off.

I probably need a new inlet valve... unless someone know different. Where can I get on cheaply?

Rgds. Tom

Reply to
Tom

I would agree with a new valve being needed, some of the coils on the valves can go intermittent open circuit, giving the symptoms you are experiencing. They are usually pretty standard fitting, but could be a single, double, or triple valve, so you would need to check it first, then best to take the old valve into any local appliance spares place for an exact replacement.

Reply to
Harry Stottle