Hotpoint dishwasher

What and where is the sensor controlling water level etc in dishwashers? 'My friends' dishwasher refuses to fill and the drain pump runs all the time.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
JimWestern

Typically there is a plastic tube going to a diaphragm pressure switch somewhere near the top, inside the machine.

Do a Google image search on "washing machine diaphragm switch" to see what they look like - although the easiest thing to spot is often the clear plastic tube rising up through the inside of the machine.

The switch could have failed - or the tube could be blocked.

Be careful - metal, mains and moisture are a pretty lethal combination.

-- Sue

Reply to
Palindrome

Most dishwashers that I have worked on have the sensor, (pressure switch) in the door panel. As Palindrome says, the plastic tube to the pressure switch could be blocked, or the connector that the tube fits on at the bottom of the machine could be blocked. These pressure switches are usually reliable, unless the machine has been laid on its side and water has gotten into it.

Reply to
Harry Stottle