Hob and oven connection advise needed

I have bought an ex display kitchen for my sons house, problem is there are no installation instructions for the Neff oven and hob. Three questions.

Firstly, as the house has a convenient cooker switch with outlet just where we need it, is it ok for me to connect the hob and oven to the existing outlet or do the new rules mean that a registered electrician has to be used?

Secondly, if I am allowed to do it I assume terminals 1, 2 and 3 on this picture need bridging to a common positive feed.

Thirdly, What weight cable will be needed, the hob for instance is rated at 6600 watt, but the connections on the hob are not heavy enough to take the original cooker cable.

By the way at £500 all in I think the kitchen was a bargain, 6 wall cupboards, 7 base units, overhead lighting bridge panel, 6 base end trim panels, 6 wall end trim panels, 5 lights, Neff extractor in 800mm extractor housing, Neff single oven/grill and Neff ceramic hob with 2 dual circuit zones. Fancy double bowl ss sink and mixer tap.They even threw in two spare doors they had in stock. Just need new worktop as the showroom installation was the wrong way round for sons kitchen.

Its been a bit like a jigsaw puzzle working out how best to use the available cabinets and probably not the best symmetrical layout that could have been achieved by buying new, but for my lad who is trying to make a house habitable on a tight budget its streets better than he expected to be able to afford at this stage. The tap alone is listed at over £100

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

DIY it. It is allowed.

Correct, terminals L1, L2 and L3 need linking together

Usually 6mm T&E unless the instructions (missing) say different

What is the power rating of the oven? If it is less than 3kW it can be plugged into a socket.

HTH

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Firstly,,... the spelling in the subject heading should be 'advice' and=20 not advise. But let's not fall out over that!! LOL!!

Secondly, if you have the model numbers for the oven and hob, it should=20 be possible to check out on the web as to what the power requirements of =

each item is?

Then you should be able to determine whether the existing power supply=20 (is it a 30A supply?) is able to accommodate both items safely or=20 whether separate supplies are required for each from the consumer unit=20 (fuse box).

Reply to
Ed