Plumbing advise needed

I am changing plumbing in my house. For upstairs bathroom toiltet I installed 3" closet bend with side 2" inlet vent connection. I have 3" sewer. Yesterday, a plumbing inspector told me to put 3" X 4" closet bend with 2" vent connection. He mentioned the name of the part but I don't remember. I did a google search on parts and the only suitable part I found is 3" X 4" street closet bend with no vent inlet connection. The only way I can connect the vent to closet bend is to the side of the bend. Can some plumbing expert advise me what part I need to put for toilet? Also I don't understand why 3" X 3" closet bend is not good.

Reply to
Sasha

The 4 X 3 Closet EL is probably all there is. He probably specified a 4" closet flange because that is the rule in their code.

Do you have room after the EL to put in a 3 X 2 San TEE? That would give you the side inlet for the 2" vent and I should think it would be acceptable. The TEE can even be turned up 45 deg to comply with the requirement that TEE's not be laid on their side.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim