Grease, no not the musical

I have just had some new double glazing put in about 3 months ago and was wondering is it advisable to put some grease on the runner to keep them running smooth plus as far as my balcony doors go stop rust building up on the bottom set of runners, if the answer is yes is there anything special i should look for or a certain type of grease?
Jim
On Mon, 05 Aug 2013 00:18:44 +0100, Jim

carpets and windows and paintwork when you have the car serviced.....
On 09/08/2013 14:39, John Carter wrote:

stuff I'm after so have placed an order tonight once again many thanks
Jim