garage door paint

Hi
Can anyone recommend a type of paint best suited for painting a metal garage door. I was looking at Dulux weather shield, but the colour choice isn't that wide ?
MTIA Steve
"stevej" wrote:

I use garage door paint but the colour range is limited. For example: http://www.hammerite.com/uk/products/ps_garage_door_paint.html
If you want a different colour you could try any high quality professional gloss paint.

range is limited as you say, infact it's almost identical to Dulux's!
Cheers Steve
On Tue, 9 May 2006 09:12:47 +0100, stevej wrote:

Paint on garage doors makes them VERY heavy. It would probably lighter of you used car type spray paint.
--
Jim
Tyneside UK

I used automotive paint sprayed on. It has lasted five years so far. When you've got nothing better to do you can polish it and get it really shiny. Do it during the day while the neighbours are at work. Nice wind up ! Rob
stevej wrote:

they gave it a lovely glossy brown finish. 20 years later, it is still going strong. There is only a slight dulling of the finish. Lorne