Electric power to gas hob question

Eff gas hob seems to have gone on the blink...any ideas?
When the power is switched on...the starter spark is clicking away continuously. The gas lights ok but the clicking continues! Thanks
John Brown wrote:

Get the dinner on!
Thanks, Vdkjll :-)

How about:
1) The switch that operates the starter spark is stuck/froze/welded together/shorted across or somethiing similar, turn the gas off and try wd40 first! 2) the connection to one of the rings is electrically deficient in some way, that is shorted out, causing the same effect as (1) 3) Some deficiency in the intermediate wiring. 4) And finally, a problem in the spark generator itself, get a new one if you cant mend it.
DONT spray WD40 anywhere near a naked flame, there is a danger you will make phosgene gas, which is highly toxic and other horrible things

Thanks John...I'll get the oil spray can out ...cheers.

Have you just cleaned it?
Mine does that when it's damp (so WD40 would probaly work) but doesn't last long.

Thanks for that - yes had just cleaned it. I'll try the WD40 tomorrow