earth on a light fitting

I have bought a new light fitting to go onto the ceiling. I am replacing a standard ceiling fitting. On this fitting there is an earth wire from the supply attached to the light fitting connection. On the new light fitting instructions it says "This product is double insulated & must not be earthed. If there are any incoming earth cables they must be connected together and well insulated " So what do I have to do with my single earth wire coming through alongside the live feed?
tomm wrote:

for an earthed one, the earth connection is still available..
--
Sue

leave the bare earth wire inside the new fitting?
tomm wrote:

that would have been present with an earthed fitting.
--
Sue

with green/yellow sleeving - so yes, sleeve it.
--
Chris Green