Ceiling light fitting

I've bought some hanging lights from John Lewis and the fittings are new to me. At the top, the pyramid-shaped cover unscrews and moves down, revealing a vertical bracket with two screw holes at the top. These look like they would screw into the something attached to the ceiling which the pyramid-shaped cover would move up over.

But what do you call this ceiling bracket for this type of fitting?

Thanks, Rob.

Reply to
Rob Nicholson

It's probably to attach to the vertical face of a joist. You'll probably have to lift a floorboard above (assuming there's a floor above!).

Reply to
Frank Erskine

I would have thought all you need to hang them should be in the box

Reply to
Kevin

Ahh, end of line - I got the two ones on show without boxes.

Rob.

Reply to
Rob Nicholson

I would suggest something is missing - prolly still attached to the display ceiking :-)

Picky would help.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

If it's like a light fitting I have then the bracket is like a piece of metal about 2 1/2 "across with two bits at the ends that are turned down at r/angles and fits with 2 screws to a block of wood that is fitted in to the ceiling ( screwed to a joist) .A dome shaped cover slides up the centre rod and is held by two small screws that fit in to the side of the aforementioned bracket .That covers the power connection. I got one from Poole Lighting ( in Poole strangely enough) ..B+Q sell their lights .

sent me one for free ....

Reply to
NOSPAMnet

That sounds like the same thing. In the end, I resorted to a slightly heath robinson affair with a bit of wood and a lot of swearing. It's certainly not going to fall off the ceiling!

But I have two of them to fit so expect more swearing.

Cheers, Rob.

Reply to
Rob Nicholson