Do they make and where to buy ?

This is best viewed full screen. not very good graphic but helps explain I hope. The wife would like a chrome or white or brass shower rail in the bathroom. Easy you may think, but alas not so. The edge of the bath comes to the center of the window, so a straight pole is out of the question, so the best option is to have either a cranked pole like this that fits above the window
W A I----------- L bath I W L ------------------------------ I I N D O W
or have a pole that attaches to the ceiling at the window end.
I prefer the latter. We don't want a 'L' shaped rail that blocks the window off.
The question is: How am I going to fix the pole to the ceiling. Is there, on the market a bracket that I can use.
You really ahve to see the problem but hope you can get the idea of what I mean.
I seem to remeber that you could get a round wall plate use in plumbing with a center hole which was threaded in either brass or chrome but not seen one for years. If I am right, then I could use 22mm chrome pipe and fix a plate to ceiling and wall
Any other ideas would be gratefully received
Jim

Go here: <http://www.shopfittingwarehouse.co.uk/products/cat:Tubes+and+Clamps/cat ID:C4403220F40F57/>
Buy a length of pole, then whatever fittings would work for your situation. Alan.

I would like to thank everyone who offered suggestions to my small problem. Out of all of them, I have gone along with this one from Alan. I just could npt believe how cheap these atems were.
Jim

The graphic doesn't work for me, or for a lot of others I suspect. Unless you live in Haiti. [ducks]
The traditional and best way is to compose your message using a fixed- width font, so that all readers will be able to see the same spacing as you do.
"Full screen" is irrelevant.
--
Mike Barnes

the_constructor wrote:

This is quite common, architects don't ever seem to think about shower rails.
You could try a circular rail http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId 001&catalogId00002201&productId00611405&langId=-1&engine=froogle&keyword=Chrome+Finish+Circular+Shower+Rail&_$ja=tsid:11527%7Ccc:%7Cprd:8302009%7Ccat:Bathroom
--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk

The way I got round a similar problem was to make the L shaped rail as you describe, and then fixing a metal bracket to the ceiling (the type of fixing would depend on the ceiling material - plasterboard, etc) with a hook arrangement supporting the rail around the right-angle. Perhaps even a short length of light ornamental chain could be utilised.

There are certainly ceiling fixed shower rails - they are more like curtain rails than poles - with the ends fixed to walls in sockets and the ceiling support(s) fixed into a slot at the top of the rail and a bracket screwed to the ceiling.
Can't remember where I got mine (previous house) but Argos and the sheds should have some.

could you not bend some 22mm copper pipe (with spring or external pipe bender) into a sor of P or ? shape to suit? Wall sockets are easily available with grub screws to grip the pipe.
Once bent to correct shape spray a few coats of paint on (or polish it and lacquer?) then use plastic hooks on your curtain and it should last a while?
Depends on dimensions of the "window avoiding" offset I expect as to whether it would be secure hend at each end... how do you get the curtain rings past a celing support?
Cheers JimK