Dishwasher detergent not opeing

My dishwasher ends up its programme with the detergent capsule still in its plastic wrapper. Is this because the heater is not working? If not, what's the likely cause?

Are you sure the wrapper isn't meant to be removed by hand before? I know some dissolve in the dishwasher but not all of them do.
--
Chris Green
·

On Thursday, June 25, 2015 at 4:33:03 PM UTC+1, snipped-for-privacy@isbd.net wrote:

This is the first time that it's done this, and I'm halfway through the box . Mind you, after I'd posted I started the machine again with the same tabl et and it worked! Maybe it was just a one-off case. But if I was told that it was the hot water that melted the plastic wrapper then I was thinking I might need to order a heater coil. Can't do without the dishwasher for long !