Clips for a oven piece????

I have just fitted the kitchen with new cupboard doors (another B & Q job) I have a piece to fit below the oven (can't remeber what its called) which is basically a strip of wood. I have no idea how to attach this piece without screwing it to framework of the oven. I was once told about a clip that you can get but i have no idea what they are called or what they look like.

Can any one help out (pictures websies etc)

Many Thanks in advance

Craig

Reply to
Craig Keightley

Why couldn't you glue it in ??...just a thought

Barry

Reply to
bs

thought about gluing but if i need to remove the oven at any point, i may damage the panel tried velcro strips back onto the panel too, but after a while, the heat from the oven losens the gum part of the sticky backing then it falls off

Craig

Reply to
Craig Keightley

Does the bit of wood go right to the floor? Like a kick-plate? If it does, then you could fix another bit of wood along the bottom edge, and then slide that bit under the cooker to hold the kick-plate in place. Even another flat bit of wood fixed to your bit of wood at right angles, would allow you to stick it under the front feet of the cooker to hold your bit wood in place along the bottom of it.

Just a thought.

Reply to
BigWallop

No, it 's raised off the floor, thanks any way though

Reply to
Craig Keightley

If its the thin strip directly under the built in oven (allows air flow round the oven), normally about 5inches wide then you should have screwed it in from the rear of the oven housing before you fitted the oven permanently. If you feel up to taking the oven out, take it out then screw the panel to the oven housing using a small L bracket. Voila!!!!! Pete

Reply to
PeteZahut

The best way I have found is magnetic 'catches'. The magnets are screwed in the oven housing and flat metal plates are screwed onto the back of the panel. The magnets are actually strong enough to hold the panel in place.

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn

is that the official name - "catches"