Fitted oven

Hi

How are fitted ovens fixed in? Do they just sit there on the wood? Or screwed in situ?

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

The one I replaced in my kitchen recently simply sits on the shelf within the unit and is screwed to the frame of the unit at the front of the oven. A trim fits neatly around the oven to hide the screws.

HTH.

Andrew.

Reply to
Andrew Simpson

Mine has two metal rails attached to the units either side, and two rails on the sides of the oven. The oven rails slide in over the unit rails, et voila ... fitted oven. Some others actually need a housing IIRC.

Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

My Stoves oven simply slotted in, then screwed to the carcass from the front, when the door closed it concealed the screws.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

My built under double oven sits on the floor on it's own legs, but single ovens sit within their own wooden unit.

Rick

Reply to
Rickard Dwiggery

What he said. Housing units usually come with an extra-strong shelf to bear the weight of the appliance.

Reply to
John Laird

Success - thanks to everyone. Now I just got to fix it. New element needed.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

They sit in units designed to hold them, which units have to be cut about to allow for proper ventilation - it's not as simple as pushing the oven into a hole and screwing the face to the carcass of the unit!

Wood is a somewhat grandiose term for most kitchens..

Reply to
Jerry Built

I got it out ok, just trying to get the pesky elephant out now.

I know :( I think theyre designed to need to be replaced.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton