Central heating isolating valves

I intend replacing some radiators downstairs, system has a combi boiler and the recomendations are not to use the domestic water unless a radiator or heat loss loop is conneted to the central heating side.
As I am only going to work on the downstairs my thoughts were to fit a couple of 15mm isolating valves. This would allow me to carry out the work ovwer a couple of weeks on an evening
What type should I use
Are the ones you turn with a screwdriver that are installed near taps and wc feeds suitable for constant hot water (central heating) or should I use the screw down ones with a knob on, aren't they called gate valves
Any advice appreciated
On Sun, 28 May 2006 16:47:56 +0100, Steve Walford

Get full bore quarter turn valves. You can leave then in when you have finished as they won't block the water flow.