Cannon Gas Hob

We have a Cannon SP3 built in gas hob, about 15 or so years old. Over the years the control knobs have gradually disintegrated, the last one falling apart last week. Cannon quote me 18 per knob to replace them! - for a simple push fit plastic knob - over 70 for a set of four! My local spares supplier quoted the same price and said that no others would fit as each appliance knobs had different diameters and depths. Is this true? As my wife likes this hob very much and doesn't want to change it, any suggestions as to how to replace the knobs at a reasonable price would be much appreciated. The Gas Council Appliance no. is 11 131 62 Thanks, Roy
I had this problem with a Cannon cooker. Luckily with only one of the knobs, so I swapped it with the grill knob which is never used. I had the same problem with a microwave. The push fit knob split lengthways on the part that goes over the spindle. I fitted a circlip over the split and it should be good for another few years.
| We have a Cannon SP3 built in gas hob, about 15 or so years old. Over the | years the control knobs have gradually disintegrated, the last one falling | apart last week. Cannon quote me 18 per knob to replace them! - for a | simple push fit plastic knob - over 70 for a set of four! My local spares | supplier quoted the same price and said that no others would fit as each | appliance knobs had different diameters and depths. Is this true? As my wife | likes this hob very much and doesn't want to change it, any suggestions as | to how to replace the knobs at a reasonable price would be much appreciated. | The Gas Council Appliance no. is 11 131 62 | Thanks, Roy | |

wife
appreciated.
If you go to ,your local tip/recycling site, you may find that they have a supply of cookers etc which have been scrapped. And if you're lucky there may be a cannon amongst them you could take the knobs off.
Steve
Roy Cookson wrote:

Harh me too.
Argos do a parts service. They are the cheapest I have found, but still pricey at http://www.argosspares.co.uk /
zaax

No chance of sticking the pieces back together, make a mould, and then using PolyMorph (from Maplin or eBay) to make replacements? Dunno if there would be a problem with heat softening the PM though.
--

Cheers

Derryck
Many thanks for all your suggestions. I will work my way through them until I solve it. Cheers, Roy