Bathroom Sealant ?

In the past I have used for fixing baths etc a kitchen and bathroom translucent sealant by poolycell @ a cost of 6.99 per tube, which when it is applied, it smells of vinegar.
Does anyone know if I can get the same type of sealant from Toolstation or Screwfix (still smelling of vinegar) but cheaper.
It's no use me asking customer services at these places because they are only desk jockeys.
--
the_constructor

Most of the sealants are the same (and have the same smell when drying too,actually quite nice! lol).Most are about the same price so cant really make much of a saving.One word of warning though,i used B&Q's own brand for some plumbing stuff and after 3 days it still wasnt dry,and when it did finally dry it was falling apart.May just have been a bad batch but id never use their own brand sealants again.Best paying the few extra pounds to get the stuff that works such as the polycell.
Good luck,
Jon

And just to sound like a brainiac the smell comes from the methyltriacetoxysilane in the silicone.They shorten it usually to acetoxy,no idea why they need to shorten it though! ;-)
Jon
the_constructor wrote:

www.screwfix.co.uk
HTH
--
Malc

"AFB Mr Tracey."

I think you missed the point Malc
--
the_constructor

the_constructor wrote:

Maybe. Is the OP too lazy to look at the website. That's what I would do first before asking what seemed to me to be a really basic question.
--
Malc

"AFB Mr Tracey."
wrote in message

Well Malc, I did look at the catalogues for both Toolstation and Screwfix before I asked the question, but obviously my question must have not been plain enough for you to understand. I have found the answer now thanks to other posters, so thank you and goodnight
--
the_constructor