steel box section

I don't suppose someone on here has a spare length of steel box section 60 x

60 x 4mm??

I need 1.5 meters in total, (2 x 750mm lengths.. so a couple of bits longer than 750mm will be fine)

I've tried a few places that do off cutts but none have any 60x60, i can get a 7.5meter length from the steel stockholders, but i will then have no use for the waste 6 meters of the stuff, and they wont sell short lengths off the bar.

I live in Grantham, Lincolnshire, but will travel if someone has a couple of bits of 60x60x4 hanging about for a reasonable price.

Or does anyone know of places that sell off cuts or will sell 1.5 meters off a length of steel in the east midlands???

E-mail for me is:

gazz AT Kampenwagen DOT co DOT uk

Reply to
Hairy Arse

A suggestion that might get you out of trouble is to weld up your own box section from 4 bits of 4 x 60. That would be a little under a full length of the stuff from a steel stockholder.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham

In article , Hairy Arse writes

Metal Supermarkets are probably worth a call, no minimum order so will cut any length but whether they have that size I wouldn't know. 3 midlands branches:

fred