Wall Crack in Stucco

Hi,

All around the outside of the house, there is a crack where the bottom plate meets the slab.

My grandparents had the house texture coated years ago. But, the cracks have re-appeared. Also, in quite a few places, the texture coat is coming off at the bottom of the wall, where it meets the ground.

Any ideas on how I can deal with these problems?

Eric

Reply to
E. Hill

looks like the box joist and bottom wall plate shifted where they meet.

I would slice out a section across the entire wall and install a steel plate (3 in.x length) fasten to box joist and bottom wall plate then install a strip of wire lathe wider than the steel plate and re-stucco to match.

or instead of steel you could use marine plywood (1 ft. wide x length), then wire lathe, then install stucco.

otherwise it will always keep cracking

Reply to
3G

Does the stucco go below grade?