B&Q Kitchen

This is a general question that might be more at home in another group - please point me in the right direction if so. We've just had a quote for a new kitchen (supply and install) from B&Q and I'm just going through the quote. There are a couple of things on it that I'm not sure about.
1) We have been quoted 67 and 72 to certify electrical and gas installation work respectively. This is on top of the installation fee of 150 each for the gas oven and hob. My question is: if the work is carried out by a competent (trained and qualified) person in the first place, why do we need the work certifying?
I think the answer is probably that the installers are not directly qualified and need their work checked in which case I don't want them to do the job! It would almost certainly be cheaper to get a spark in!
2) We have been quoted 215 for "Install Mains Earth Bonding". I could be way off the mark here but I thought that was installing earth clamps on water pipes. Is that the case? If so the work was done throughout when we had the consumer unit changed a few years ago.
I don't really have much confidence in B&Q after seeing this. They also the want to charge
77 to re-site and plug in our own fridge freezer (the one that's not actually being moved), 73 to plumb in a dishwasher we haven't yet got (the water and waste connection points are there already) and 150 to plumb and wire the washing machine (again it's already there and is not going anywhere.)
Cheers Chaps

That's virtually a grand (plus vat?) without any actual kitchen install. I'm no expert, but that sounds more like they're deliberately trying to price themselves out of the job, rather than a simple rip-off.
--
Martin

"Tom Reason" wrote:

< long post snipped >
B & Q charge about double what an independent installer will charge, and the standard of workmanship can be poor.
For some examples of dissatisfied B & Q customers see:
http://www.cambridgeonline.co.uk/allreviews/1996 / http://www.grumbletext.co.uk/vt.php?t 5&start0&subj=complaints+B%26Q+complaint
Steer well clear!