B&Q Kitchen Doors

Are they any good ? I'm looking at the solid oak range, seemed to be pretty reasonable quality and it's a nice style. Anyone have any experiance ?

Thanks in advance Ian.

Reply to
Ian Clarke

In article , Ian Clarke writes

I'm looking at some too, I was looking at birch veneer, the only problem I could see was that the front of the cupboard carcass is white melamine and you can see it round the edges of the door. You could probably iron on some wood coloured edging to remove this problem.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

Yeah, I believe they provide edging just for this purpose.

David Hearn

Yep. I fitted my kitchen with the Solid Oak range last autumn. Much as I hate to admit it, it's fine, good quality and resonable price. Unreservedly recommended.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Howells

Just got the Solid Oak doors, they all appear a uniform colour which had been my initial worry. One caution is they do seem sensitive to the effects of UV fading. Left a cupboard door in the sun with the drawer front resting against it for a week, left a noticable stripe. Not to keen on all the B&Q logos, like on drawer runners, so opted for alternatives. An equivalent to Solid Oak range can be had from the many PWS resellers called 'BroadOak' it's available in many more widths and heights, which is the main limitation of the B&Q doors.

Toby.

Reply to
Toby

They do indeed - it's about 6 quid a roll.

It's a real pain ironing it all on but it really makes the whole thing look so much better.

Reply to
shaun

Only problem I have with them is taking the plunge when fitting handles to them due to them not being pre-marked or drilled etc.

Got a couple of the birch veneer ones above a while ago to see if I liked them enough, seem ok, keep wiping the dust and filth off them and they clean up a treat.

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark

I got some solid cherry/cherry veneer doors and the quality isn't bad (but they're not cheap!). I guess they just import them from a manufacturer somewhere, BUT, the fake wood end pieces, iron on strips, pelmets etc look really crap in comparision and I guess are made by a different manufacturer.

Mine are Shaker style and I've made up odd size doors by dismantling the standard door, cutting it down and putting it back together again.

Reply to
adder