3 Sided Bay Window - Pic attached to help explain!!

Hi,

I've decided to get someone in to replace the existing aluminium bay windows. I thought I'd just give the render a lick of pain to freshen it up before the new windows go in. When I started to sand the wood which is located on the bottom of the bell (please see picture -

the wood just fell apart because it is so rotten. Is this a structural part of the bay window or is it a drip bead which can be taken out independently of the window and everything?

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Sims