INSTALLING BAY WINDOW

I am a retired glaizer. never installed a bay window. I currently have a 4030 opening. going to install a 5040 bay window. I know i have to reframe and install a new header but iam not to sure how the outside should be finished off or if the window will need any bottom support. The window i will be installing is a pella with cable support. any help will be appreaicated

Reply to
XGLAIZER

The cable support is to keep the projecting part of the window from sagging. It doesn't support the entire weight of the window, so yes, you do need to have a structurally sound framed opening all the way around.

Pella's web site has a downloadable PDF file with installation instructions.

A bay window's framing can a little different than a typical window rough opening so make sure that you measure from the correct point and install the correct blocking on the sides. Here's a link to Andersen's section details (didn't have Pella's information handy):

RicodJour

Is a bay in there now, whats in there now.

Reply to
m Ransley