P2R phillips bit -- what is it?

Page 2 of 2
I found a link that referred to them as "Phillips Reduced". Found about 800 hits on that phrase. Looks like a thinner version of Phillips. Not sure where you would use them, though.
Mike O.

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 07:45:23 -0700, Esther & Fester Bestertester

You were not specific. Snapped off what, the screws or the bits?
If you snapped off either I would have to guess your torque setting is set too high for the strength of the screw. The bits typically are hardened. Should be set to stop when screw head has reached flush with the material you are attaching or just below if it's drywall.
Regards
Knowledge is like money, the less you talk about it the more people assume you have.
The main company involved in replaceable screwdriver tips is Apex.
Apex is owned by Cooper industries.
Quotation from their site: Apex offers a choice of three heat treat hardness levels in many of our screwdriver bits to match the application. These heat treats are specified by a letter suffix as follows: X - Hardest heat treat in the industry I - Intermediate hardness R - Lowest hardness Our experienced staff can help in selecting the best heat treat for your particular application. Apex bits & sockets last ten longer than most of our competition.
If you really want to know more: http://www.cooperpowertools.com/catalog_pdf/index.cfm?parent1
--
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

According to this reference, the bits I've been snapping off are the small-diameter "limited clearance" phillips bits. They are smaller diameter apparently for no reason other than to allow access in restricted spaces.
Now I know...
Thanks, DanG!
Ain't USENET great?! (Chinese spam, 2-party bickering, and "Google Is The Answer" 'bots, notwithstanding...)
FBt