1/4-Inch Spade Drill Bit recommendations

Which last longer, for 1/4-Inch Spade Drill Bit?

Bosch or Irwin or Dewalt?

Thanks, Andy

Reply to
A K

No idea. IMO all spade bit are crappy. I'd use a Forstner bit for a flat bottom hole or a large diameter hole.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Thanks a lot. First I heard of a Forstner bit.

I looked at a Freund forstner bit.

Andy

Reply to
A K

Like all things in life - grasshopper, there is no simple answer to " which is better " .. It depends on what you're drilling and how .... type of drill bit ; material being drilled ; material of drill bit ; desired result ; etc etc

In some cases a hole-cutter is better than any drill bit - and you get a free toy-wheel when you're done instead of just sawdust !

John T.

Reply to
hubops