Steam vapor cleaners

I got a TR5 steam cleaner that has 65psi, 240-270 operating temperature and

1700W. But the steam alternates between wet and dry every 1 to 3 seconds or so. When it is wet, it's like spraying water ruther than vapor. Is this normal?

Thank you

Reply to
Alpha Two

No. Your steam cleaner shouldn't be spitting water. This happens on mine when I overfill it.

Reply to
Vox Humana

I have the Euro Pro Shark steam machine and it seems to spit water if I don't let it get hot enough before trying to use it.

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorot29701

I had one of those. It lasted a few months. It spit water all over the place whether it was hot enough or not. It finally stopped working completely and I bought the more expensive model which was a vast improvement. It didn't spit water, it had the on/off control in the hand piece, and it did a better job of cleaning. Unfortunately, it didn't last. It's less than a year old and today it simply gave up the ghost.

But I'm hooked on steam cleaning now and am looking for a replacement.

I also had a $500 Euro-Pro steam press. The first one died in less than a month and Nancy's Notions, where I bought it, replaced it at not charge, but the replacement lasted less than year. So, I will never buy another Euro-Pro appliance under any circumstances. I wouldn't advise my worst enemy to buy one. Try to get one repaired. You won't get any help from Euro-Pro. You'll be lucky if you can even find their address to write and complain about your unfortunate luck with their products.

As I said, I'm really happy with the steam cleaning concept and will replace the Euro-Pro with another brand. I just don't know which one yet. There's a rather huge price difference between the Euro-Pro which just died and the next best thing on the market. Of course, if you figure a Euro-Pro per year at $200, the more expensive ones may not be that much more expensive if they last.

Does anyone have another brand they're happy with?

Thanks,

Emily

Reply to
Emily

I paid $99 for mine at Sears two years ago. I ordered the detail brush from them and had no problem with getting it. Don't know how I would fare with getting a repair taken care of...anyway, just wanted to say that not all their products are duds. Mine is still working fine.

Dorothy

Reply to
Dorot29701