Speaking of TSP

Speaking of TSP, I bought some and when I got home, I noticed it contained no phosphates.
Later I saw Tri-Sodium-Phosphate itself for sale.
They both had warnings about eyes and skin.
Which cleans better?
Are there other reasons for using one or the other?
mm wrote:

environmental regulations limit the use of phosphates. The usual substitute is sodium metasilicate. It is also replacing TSP in laundry detergents.