Roomba vs. Trilobite

what happens if the Roomba runs over a lamp cord?

Reply to
Bonnie Jean

You get a clean lamp cord. :)

Reply to
Mark Thomas

I was a bit skeptical, but it handles my office just fine. Lan cables, power cords, etc. Overall, I'm very impressed.

Took it to mom's for a demo sunday, and it ALMOST got stuck in a tight pocket, and mom was kind of laughing at it, and about that time, it worked out how to get loose. You should have seen the expression when I opened the dustbin! She keeps a pretty nice house, but Roomba gets all those little places that you'd just skip with the big vac.

Reply to
Dave VanHorn

I keep hoping to find a cheap one at a garage sale to give to my sister, to exercise her cats while they are away at work 9-10 hours a day. Don't really give a rip if it cleans well. (Although if it did keep the top layer of cat fur skimmed off the carpet, it would probably be a plus for my allergies when I visit there...)

aem sends...

Reply to
ameijers

Well, after reading this thread and researching on the web for a couple weeks prior to this thread, I went ahead and bought a Roomba today.

I like it a lot, except for one problem that I haven't seen mentioned. There's a big oriental rug in our living room that has a fair amount of black in it, as well as a black border (no fringe). It treats the black parts like the edge of the stairs. It won't vacuum them, nor will it go up on the rug because of the border. I'm considering taking it back, but I might try calling the company first. Of all the things...

--Jodi

Reply to
Jodi

Will it fall downstairs?

Bonnie

Reply to
Bonnie Jean

There was an April Fools Spoof in Nuts & Volts a few years ago. The fake article talked about a making a steam cleaning robot by modifying a steam turbine model kit to power the bot's wheels and shoot its discharge into the carpet.

The article was written well enough that I thought the writer had just gotten a little carried away with a big project until I read the about the author section.

Paul

sh> Catman wrote:

Reply to
Catman