Recommendation for good shower drain cleaner ??

Page 2 of 2

No, it comes from the alt.home.cleaning newsgroup, where the question was posted!
And I suppose I am nuts......
TTUL Gary
verbositized:

It was posted to both...
The Ranger
verbositized:

your posts well worth reading. The poster is obviously a troll and I am beginning to think Choreboy, the friendless poster from this group is too. He followed me to the cooking chat group where I had hoped to meet you for some advice on my doughboys and while there he dished out some insults. I have put both of them in their places so hopefully they will behave in future.
Mrs Bonk wrote:

I was concerned about him!
Sincerely, Choreboy

Gary is a most respected member of Usenet. Your insults are not welcome here in AHC. Now, go take a running jump - be off with you -back under your bridge. Mrs Bonk
"Mrs Bonk"

Yes Dear...Whatever you say...

I've had the best luck with a long plastic gizmo from Home Depot - about $2-3. It's flexible and has jaggysnaggy teeth (more like barbs) on it. It's about two feet long and you push it down the drain as far as you can and pull it back up. Wouldn't believe the cruddy hair clogs it hauls out. Especially afte my long-haired son has visited.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> 2005 Pirohy Marathon pics added 1-23-05.
<< I've had the best luck with a long plastic gizmo from Home Depot - about $2-3. It's flexible and has jaggysnaggy teeth (more like barbs) on it. >> ____Reply Separator_____ If you're squeamish, I wouldn't reccomend this. It really pulls out some nasty $h!t.

cool.
peggo

If you have to use a chemical liquid, I've had good luck with chlorine bleach. Just poor it straight in and let stand for a few hours before flushing with water. It does seem to work on hair clogs.
In my old apartment, the janitor would use sulfuric acid in the bathtub drain for those situations in which Draino did not work. The stuff was so strong it clear the drained ( and who knows what else). The white porcelin of the bathtub was temporarily turned black because of the fumes.
Beachcomber

I have this tool, too. I won't go back to using liquids.
One caveat, as Melba mentions... "Cruddy hair clogs." You won't believe the amount of detritus washed down that those strands were able to hang onto. You also will be shocked at the ease it whips about as you're trying to clean the tool. Be sure to wear gloves, clothing that you don't mind getting spattered, and eye protection.
The Ranger -- "Why don't you talk to yourself?" "Because I get too many stupid answers." -- Abbot and Costello, "Hold that Ghost"
Good advice from both of you. Thanks!

John
i found it to short to be of any use
Lye dissolves hair clogs.