Need help with remove coffee (with milik and sugar) stains from carpet!

Hi, cross posting hear form alt.home.repair! Hope that's okay!
I sound so silly, just asking this question! :)
I read some where that cleaning stains of coffee that has no milk and sugar in it is different from cleaning stains of coffee that has milk and sugar in it!
I spilled coffee on my carpet yesterday, there are 4 spots, each about 3 or 4" in diameter. It's very light colored carpet. I also made the mistake of rubbing with wet paper towels, instead of just blotting (know this after the fact, b'coz of googliing). Anyway, I also tried mixing dish washing detergent in water and rubbing it into the stains. That didn't do anything.
Anyone has any idea on what I can do to get these stains off the carpet now? oxyclean + water? or vinegar + water or spotshot chemical solutions?
I am not sure if I can try different things, I am afraid of spoiling the carpet.
Appreciate any input. Thanks a lot!

Hi,
You can use acetic acid and it should get rid of the whole stain. Simply use it neat and then tamp it in with a brush. Mop up as much as you can using absorbant cloths or a wet and dry vacuum and then flush with water and do the same. You can substitute white or pickling vinegar for the acetic acid if it's hard to find.
Alternatively go to www.DrClean.co.uk and there's a full description in our stain section. There are also step-by-step examples of getting an orange juice stain out of carpets and a tea stain out of a t-shirt that use precisely the same method.
Hope this helps
--
DrClean
www.DrClean.co.uk