Grease stain from painted wall

Just had a bit of an accident in the kitchen. Was cooking some pesto sauce (bit greasy) and some has landed on the white painted wall. So far all efforts to remove the stain has made it worse. Any ideas anyone? Thanks Steven
Have you tried the eraser sponger from Mr. Clean? It is really a miracle product as far as I am concerned.

Try a cotton ball (just a bit moist) and "Mary Ellen's Set-In-Stain Remover for Whites". Blot area, let set for a minute and wipe with clean moist towel. May need to repeat but it will work! I used it on hair dye and it can clean!!
Sijka

wrote in message

Unfortunately, hair dye isn't grease. Amyl Acetate (nail varnish remover as a substitute), white spirit or dry cleaning solvent should work or even non-solvent based degreaser, like the kind you get from a bike shop to get the gunk off your chain.
You can try ammonia first if you have some around the house.
This is a similar stain to mayonaise and there's a step-by-step example of stain removal of mayonaise on www.DrClean.co.uk/surgery_stains/stains_techniques4.asp
Hope this helps.
--
DrClean