candle grease stain

I have just moved into an apartement/flat and there is carpet already there but it has ground in carpet grease stains, does anyone know if I can remove it please and how. TIA

Reply to
PWB

Candle wax can be removed with white spirit or lighter fuel

There's a step by step example on

which should help

DrClean The best fabric cleaning resource on the net

DrClean

I have successfully removed candle wax with the warm iron method.

First you put an ice bag (or just ice in a plastic bag) on the stain to make sure that any wax there gets hard. You almost nearly freeze it. Do not get the carpet wet.

While the wax is still "frozen," very gently scrape the wax away with something that has an edge but is not sharp. (I think I've used the reverse end of a regular spoon.)

Then get some absorbent **white** absorbent paper---paper towels that have absolutely no pattern are excellent. **Do not use colored paper!" Use several layers. Using a very slightly warm iron, press the paper towel over the spot. As grease is absorbed, continue moving the paper towel so that a clean paper towel is always under the iron. Stop when you think the carpet is getting too warm and let it cool. Then begin again and work until all grease is removed.

After that, I can't remember. Seems to me I might have used a cleaner's solvent to dab the area. But I'm not sure about that part. Someone else, please fill that part in. Whatever you do, just blot the spot with the cleaner; do not use a rubbing motion.

However, in one spot I got the wax out, but it was a red candle and the red stain remained. Even a professional couldn't get it out.

Best of luck with this task----

Donna

Reply to
Donna in Texas

Donna thanks for this tip, very useful information

Reply to
thekilliegirl